How to Plan a Long Distance Baby Shower
Baby showers are a popular way for people to get together to celebrate the upcoming birth of a child. However, sometimes distance becomes a hindrance. It can be hard if the mother-to-be lives far away from friends and family. If this is a problem you’re facing, you should try planning a long distance baby shower. Below are 3 ideas to consider when planning the shower.
Have the party without the guest of honor
This isn’t nearly as cruel as it sounds. Guests should arrive with their gifts unwrapped, which will be wrapped at the party. You can still play the all the typical baby shower games and since the mom-to-be won’t be there you can take the opportunity to tell funny or interesting stories about her. Don’t forget to bring a video camera so you can have each guest say some words of love and support to the future mother. Afterward, you should send everything - the gifts, video, decorations and a piece of cake to the mother-to-be.
Send the gifts directly to the hostess
This is a good idea if all the guest live in different areas. After the hostess receives everything, she can send one big package to the mother-to-be. You can also play games that work through the mail, like “Who Will the Baby Look Like”. Since the hostess will be sending everything in one large shipment, don’t be afraid to suggest that the guest should send smaller gifts that are easy to ship.
Online baby shower
The hostess can register online. Invitations are sent out via email. The guests can then log into the site at their convenience. On the site you’ll be able to leave encouraging messages for the mother-to-me or purchase gifts from her registry. It’s also a good idea to post pictures of the belly, so guest can see the progress of the baby. Don’t worry; the party is by invitation only, so the pictures will be private.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. With a little imagination you’ll be able plan a shower that everyone will love, regardless of the distance that separates friends and family!
- A Daddy Baby Shower – Fathers Deserve a Party Too - While baby showers are traditionally for women, it’s also important to remember the major effect having a child has on a father too. It’s always a good idea to through a show just for the soon-to-be father. Learn how today. Share and Enjoy:
- The 8 Best Uses of Free Baby Shower Graphics - They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which is one reason why they’re perfect for baby shower decorations. It’s even possible to find free ones that you can print out at home. Learn the best used for them today! Share and Enjoy:
- Expecting Twins? Simple Baby Shower Invitation Ideas - Throwing a baby shower for twins can be a lot of fun! You can show your creativity with the invitations. Learn some great ideas today! Share and Enjoy:
- Free Printable Baby Shower Invitations - Baby showers don’t have to be an expensive ordeal. It’s possible to find invitations online that can be printed for free. You just need to know where to look. Learn more today. Share and Enjoy:
- Martha Stewart Baby Shower Ideas - If there’s one thing Martha Stewart knows about its entertaining. Learn her ideas to throwing the perfect baby shower today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Favors - Favors are a way of saying thank you for attending the baby shower. But they don’t have to break the bank. Learn inexpensive favor ideas today. Share and Enjoy:
- How to Make Pink Baby Shower Fortune Cookies - Fortune cookies make an excellent favor for any baby shower. Many people use the “fortune” as a thank you note for coming to the shower. They’re also easy to make. Learn how today. Share and Enjoy:
- Tin Mint Favors - Announce Your Baby Shower With Class - Tin mints make an excellent announcement for your baby shower and make great favors too. Learn all the possibilities today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Invitations - Invitations are one of the most important parts of any baby shower. However they don’t need to be expensive. Learn how to design your own today! Share and Enjoy:
- How to Make Baby Shower Punch - Punch makes an excellent refreshment for any baby shower. Inside you’ll find an easy recipe that’s delicious too. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Cakes - No baby shower would be complete without the cake. There are so many styles and designs to choose from. Don’t worry, we’ll show you the most creative ones. Learn more today! Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Decorations - When planning a baby shower it’s important to match the decorations to the theme. Learn some helpful hints today! Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Verses – How to Write the Perfect Poem - Writing a poem for a baby shower may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Learn the secrets to wring a perfect verse in no time. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Footprint Invitations – An Easy Guide - A footprint of a baby is a cute idea for any baby shower. The good news is that it can be done in 2 easy steps. Learn more today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Music:Creating The Perfect Atmosphere - Baby shower music is often forgotten when people are planning a shower. It is an important piece of the baby shower as it can dictate the mood and overall atmosphere of your baby shower. Share and Enjoy: