Baby Shower Cakes
They come in many shapes and sizes, and some aren’t even edible! How do you pick the right baby shower cake? First, find out how many people will be attending your party. That will make a huge difference in your search. If you’re expecting a large turnout, you may want a sheet cake. For a smaller gathering, you may want to consider a different alternative, like cupcakes!
The possibilities are endless
No baby shower would be complete, without a beautiful cake. Below are a variety of different types to consider.
Cupcakes are growing in popularity. They are not only convenient, but come in a variety of styles and shapes. You can purchase them in the design of a baby bottle, cradle or numerous other styles. Not to mention, there will be no need for additional utensils and plates.
Another creative idea is a picture cake. Many bakers can put any picture on the top, as edible frosting.
Matching the design with the gender or theme
If you know the sex of the baby, you can go with an all pink or blue one as the case may be. However, if you do not know the gender, you can do a something more neutral.
It’s also a good idea to try to tie the design to the theme of the party. Therefore, if you are looking to throw a “Winnie the Pooh” baby shower, you can have the cake decorated with that in mind.
Toy Block Cake
This is easily done by putting 1 or 2 different sized square cakes on top of each other. Make sure the largest is on the bottom and the smallest on the top. If decorated right, it should list exactly like the child’s toys.
By putting a circular cake on top of a rectangular one, it will look like a pregnant belly.
Not all cakes need to be edible. 2 great non-edible ideas are as follows:
It is made up of either cloth or disposable diapers and embellished with various baby items, such as pacifiers, baby brushes etc. While this may not be traditional, it is a great alternative for someone who does not wish to have an actual cake at the shower. Not only is it a beautiful addition, it is also very practical gift idea.
These are available from most florists or you can make your own. Simply press flowers into a Styrofoam cake shape and you’re ready to go!
Important note: Some women may have dietary restrictions while they are pregnant. This is an important thing to consider. A common restriction is no sugar. Cakes can be made of angle food, which is ok. Be sure to consult your entire guest list before you make any decision.
- Baby Shower Footprint Invitations – An Easy Guide - A footprint of a baby is a cute idea for any baby shower. The good news is that it can be done in 2 easy steps. Learn more today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Verses – How to Write the Perfect Poem - Writing a poem for a baby shower may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Learn the secrets to wring a perfect verse in no time. Share and Enjoy:
- The 8 Best Uses of Free Baby Shower Graphics - They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which is one reason why they’re perfect for baby shower decorations. It’s even possible to find free ones that you can print out at home. Learn the best used for them today! Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Music:Creating The Perfect Atmosphere - Baby shower music is often forgotten when people are planning a shower. It is an important piece of the baby shower as it can dictate the mood and overall atmosphere of your baby shower. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Favors - Favors are a way of saying thank you for attending the baby shower. But they don’t have to break the bank. Learn inexpensive favor ideas today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Invitations - Invitations are one of the most important parts of any baby shower. However they don’t need to be expensive. Learn how to design your own today! Share and Enjoy:
- Expecting Twins? Simple Baby Shower Invitation Ideas - Throwing a baby shower for twins can be a lot of fun! You can show your creativity with the invitations. Learn some great ideas today! Share and Enjoy:
- Martha Stewart Baby Shower Ideas - If there’s one thing Martha Stewart knows about its entertaining. Learn her ideas to throwing the perfect baby shower today. Share and Enjoy:
- Free Printable Baby Shower Invitations - Baby showers don’t have to be an expensive ordeal. It’s possible to find invitations online that can be printed for free. You just need to know where to look. Learn more today. Share and Enjoy:
- How to Make Pink Baby Shower Fortune Cookies - Fortune cookies make an excellent favor for any baby shower. Many people use the “fortune” as a thank you note for coming to the shower. They’re also easy to make. Learn how today. Share and Enjoy:
- How to Make Baby Shower Punch - Punch makes an excellent refreshment for any baby shower. Inside you’ll find an easy recipe that’s delicious too. Share and Enjoy:
- How to Plan a Long Distance Baby Shower - When having a baby it can be hard when the mother-to-be lives far away from friends and family. The answer could be a long distance baby shower. Learn all the possibilities today. Share and Enjoy:
- A Daddy Baby Shower – Fathers Deserve a Party Too - While baby showers are traditionally for women, it’s also important to remember the major effect having a child has on a father too. It’s always a good idea to through a show just for the soon-to-be father. Learn how today. Share and Enjoy: