A Daddy Baby Shower – Fathers Deserve a Party Too
Traditionally baby showers are something that woman throw to help the mother-to-be prepare for the arrival of the baby. Having a baby can be a stressful event for everyone involved; including the father, so don’t forget his needs. Why not try something new - a daddy baby shower? If the term “baby shower” doesn’t seem manly enough, you can call it something else like an “impending fatherhood party”. Either way - the following are a few suggestions for the party:
Most men won’t enjoy your typical baby shower games. Possible games that many men like include the following:
- Back yard football
Make sure you have all the typical “manly” foods: cheese steaks, wings and barbecue are all great. Don’t forget to wash it down with a few beers.
One Last Night Out
Take the future dad out for one last night on the town. Do some bar hopping, shoot darts or play pool. Just be sure to keep everyone safe by having a designated driver. It also may be a good idea to check in with the mother-to-be before doing this one. We don’t want to start any late night arguments, after all!
No baby shower would be complete without gifts. These can either be gag gifts, like goggles, rubber gloves or tongs. Or they can be more serious like a book on fatherhood or a subscription to a parenting magazine.
While many of these suggestions may seem like an excuse for the boys to throw a party, don’t forget that this is still time of major change for the father-to-be. Be prepared to comfort dad and have other people tell stories of their own fatherhood experiences. This way dad should feel comforted that he is not alone and that others have gone through the same thing he is.
Remember these simple suggestions and you will be sure to show dad a good time as well as give him some helpful advice that he’ll need with this next phase of his life.
- How to Plan a Long Distance Baby Shower - When having a baby it can be hard when the mother-to-be lives far away from friends and family. The answer could be a long distance baby shower. Learn all the possibilities today. Share and Enjoy:
- The 8 Best Uses of Free Baby Shower Graphics - They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which is one reason why they’re perfect for baby shower decorations. It’s even possible to find free ones that you can print out at home. Learn the best used for them today! Share and Enjoy:
- Martha Stewart Baby Shower Ideas - If there’s one thing Martha Stewart knows about its entertaining. Learn her ideas to throwing the perfect baby shower today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Cakes - No baby shower would be complete without the cake. There are so many styles and designs to choose from. Don’t worry, we’ll show you the most creative ones. Learn more today! Share and Enjoy:
- How to Make Baby Shower Punch - Punch makes an excellent refreshment for any baby shower. Inside you’ll find an easy recipe that’s delicious too. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Verses – How to Write the Perfect Poem - Writing a poem for a baby shower may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Learn the secrets to wring a perfect verse in no time. Share and Enjoy:
- Free Printable Baby Shower Invitations - Baby showers don’t have to be an expensive ordeal. It’s possible to find invitations online that can be printed for free. You just need to know where to look. Learn more today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Favors - Favors are a way of saying thank you for attending the baby shower. But they don’t have to break the bank. Learn inexpensive favor ideas today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Invitations - Invitations are one of the most important parts of any baby shower. However they don’t need to be expensive. Learn how to design your own today! Share and Enjoy:
- Expecting Twins? Simple Baby Shower Invitation Ideas - Throwing a baby shower for twins can be a lot of fun! You can show your creativity with the invitations. Learn some great ideas today! Share and Enjoy:
- Tin Mint Favors - Announce Your Baby Shower With Class - Tin mints make an excellent announcement for your baby shower and make great favors too. Learn all the possibilities today. Share and Enjoy:
- Baby Shower Decorations - When planning a baby shower it’s important to match the decorations to the theme. Learn some helpful hints today! Share and Enjoy: